Saturday, December 27, 2008

Looks like I spoke too soon....

To Barb that is... :) On Monday the 22nd, Jeramie PROPOSED!!
So the story goes..

To begin with, I had an idea that it was going to be "the night". The Saturday before hand he was telling his mom on the phone that we were going to go to dinner and look at the Christmas lights on Monday. I jumped into the conversation telling him I probably wouldn't have time to go to dinner since I had to bake (all the cookies for Christmas), pack our stuff for the week to come away from home, and wrap all our presents still. Needless to say, he was upset since he had been planning this idea for a while. I could tell he was upset about me not wanting to go out to dinner, which was weird and got me thinking on why.....(ALSO I already knew he had bought the ring, the Kay Jeweler bill came in the mail...the envelope said Kay Jewelers, bill enclosed). I managed to make it work out that we were able to go to dinner. During that day I texted a friend telling her I thought that "tonight might be the night!"

We went to Red Lobster and Jeramie decided that we were going to just order a bottle instead of just two glasses of wine. When I asked why, he just said it would be cheaper since 4 glasses would be the same price as the bottle anyhow. (looking back, I know he just wanted to make it special) After dinner we got back into the freezing car (4 degrees cold PLUS windchill that probably made it like -10) and drove over by Bay Front to look at the lights.

NO LIGHTS!

The city is cutting back on spending this year so our guess was that the Mayor cut the Christmas display in Canal Park. SAD! I was bummed, thinking now when is he going to do it? So we went to the grocery store and got eggs and corn starch for me to finish my cookies. Once we got home, I decided that we should open presents quick before I started another batch of cookies. Once he had finished, he pulled me over to sit on his lap and said Thank you! THEN...

He said something in the terms of... "So, I have one more present for you and I was planning on giving it to you down in the Canal Park by the lights, but since there were no lights...." And he pulled out a ring, and I said YES! :) YAY!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!

Rachel said...

My mom and I are very happy for you (I'm at her house) - what is the 500 day?

Kristen said...

500 days = our thought to possibly May 2010. We aren't sure yet, but that's what we are thinking.... and the knot.com said that it is 500 days away!

Kimmy Kasl said...

Congratulations Kristen!!! So happy for you! Yes, I graduated with Emily - and I think you played soccer with my sister, Becky Johnson. :)
Have fun planning!