So I spent the last weekend in Iowa. I have gained a new understanding for a different way of life. In Iowa things move at a slower pace. Iowa, or at least the part Jeramie is in, is quiet and peaceful. There are about 20 houses in his town that he lives in and the town is so peaceful! I hope taht during the summer he is able to befriend some of the people in the town, but for now it felt like we were the only 2 around unless someone happened to leave their house for whatever reason.
On Saturday we went grocery shopping and to Walmart. The place was PACKED! On Sunday we went into town because I wanted Taco Johns and the grocery store and Walmart were empty, still open, but only 3-5 cars in the parking lots. The entire area does their shopping on Saturdays and I love that. I have forgotten how much a small town warms my heart.
I miss not having to worry about things getting done. I miss just being and not having to stress over the small things.
The weekend went by slow, not slow enough, but I felt detached from the real world and I loved it! Except the Taco Johns...once I saw that I HAD to have it and my potato ole's sucked :(
The last three weeks were quick, here's to the next 2 going by faster!! :)
1 comment:
I love a slow pace life. Don't have one..but I'd love one!
Post a Comment