For those of you getting married or already are married, how did you decide on a date?
Where there days you stayed away from (other than the obvious holidays like Christmas, Fourth of July, Mother's Day, Father's day, and Easter) that had reasons for you staying away from them?
How did you decide on WHERE to get married, like the ceremony and reception places?
Did any of you plan on your own with no help from the groom, either because he "didn't care" or because he wasn't around?
5 comments:
I got married last fall. Honestly, we just called the church and pastor and asked what dates they were available during September and October. We didn't have a special date in mind. Our flexibility made things so much easier and less frustrating! I highly recommend this method. God is good and he will provide you with the perfect wedding if you trust in him.
Good luck!
Poor Kristen! Sorry you're having a hard time. Scott didn't help much with our wedding. Honestly, I didn't want him to. He was just fine with that. Typical man! It was pretty easy to pick the date. I knew what season I wanted. It was alittle difficult to match the church and reception venue but eventually it came together....remember being married is the best part, the wedding is for everyone else. Good luck!! Have fun!! You only experience this once!! Enjoy the attention...
We just wanted to get married as soon as possible, and so therefore, we didn't really care about the date,which is why we were married in the coldest month of the year! January!!
And our date just depended on what was available (with only 4 months to plan). So I think it should just be open once you decide the season, your church availablity and reception availability....unless you have a special occasion date in mind!
we had several dates in mind that we gave the church. one of the days available was nate's gpa's birthday so we chose that one. we got married at home, as you know. so that was easy for us and everyone else because they were close. we were looking into getting married in st. cloud, but decided against it. when you get some of the big stuff out of the way, than its the fun stuff that happens. good luck.
I can tell you this, winter weddings are beautiful!
They are typically less expensive because:
1) Most vendors charge less (less competition),
2) You have more options open to you because there are less bookings
3) The guys are not miserable in their tuxes because it isn't 90 degrees
4) You don't have to worry about other people's vacations
5) You may be able to get a better deal on a honeymoon
6) The pictures are beautiful!
7) Added bonus:if you marry around Christmas - decorations are really easy and inexpensive because al churches and some venues do their own decorating. I have know some churches willing to work with a bride on the decorations too!
Post a Comment