Friday, September 4, 2009

Be happy for what you have....

(This is my soap box of frustration!)

I am sitting here on my couch, in my apartment, after a long hard day at work. I have a job. I am very greatful to have this job, even though at times it is trying. The CBS 6pm news just finished up a story on unemployment. They mentioned that some state governments are taking days off. Giving people a friday off once a month I believe is what one state is doing. That's not bad, if you ask me! A random day off! How nice - but not for some. Some of these workers - full time workers - are upset about having to have 12 extra days off in a year. This is where I got frustrated. Yea it ends up that you are in a way taking a pay cut because there are now 12 more days that you aren't getting paid at work - but AT LEAST YOU HAVE A JOB!

The government is using this 12 days off to help people keep their jobs - WHY CAN'T THEY JUST BE GRATEFUL for what they have!! Goodness

1 comment:

EmTaylor said...

I do understand what you are saying, that people should be happy that they are employed. When looking at the situations that other people are dealing with, it should be normal to count yourself as lucky if you are not in the same boat.

But...

I am getting pretty frustrated myself over hearing countless times, "we/you/I should just be happy that I have a job".

I do understand that the economy is not great at the moment, but employees are a company/organization's most important asset. Without employees no company or organization would be able to exist let alone try to be profitable in any economy. Just because the economy is bad does not mean that the work anyone does at their job is any less, and in most cases has become more (without receiving financial increases for the increased work load).

I am happy that I have a job, but I worked hard to get that job and at this point to keep that job. My company needs employees like myself just as much as I need a job.

We can't forget how valuable we are as employees.