Sunday, March 13, 2011

Still going strong....

Suppose it is about time to fill y'all in on how my new job is going...two weeks later that is! The rest of week one was interesting to say the least. Filled with trying to keep up with the craziness of a busy coffee shop, remembering how much standing on your feet for 8 hours SUCKS, remembering to get up a bit early to eat breakfast so that I at least have some sort of food in my stomach when working for 8 hours with no breaks, and learning new things and trying not to screw them up.

I finally got some training on the bar (the drink making bar that is...). It is a bit of a rush working on the bar, I am constantly feel overwhelmed and like I've forgotten things. I get so many orders for so many drinks at once and I worry that I forget things like the espresso, the flavor shots, the wrong flavor, the whip, the snickers on top, or even just handing over the wrong drink altogether! I know in time that this will stop, hopefully that is, but for now it consumes me while I work. Not so much consumes me, but you know what I mean.

Last week I started Shift Supervisor training. WOW. On top of being new in general to the whole coffee business, now I get to be in charge! HA. This Wednesday is my first shift in charge....for 9.5 hours. Hopefully this works out okay! I'll let you know, but don't hold your breath with the rate I am updating y'all =)

1 comment:

Lindsey Tillman said...

The Coffee world is a fast pase thing.. Yes this is true.. But when you slowly start sneaking the drinks that you messed up, you in turn will be fast pased. Ahh the joys of espresso. The Coffee world is a wonderful thing. I miss it. Honestly I do. Enjoy your time there. Everything will slowly start coming to you, and you will be pouring shots in your sleep. LOVE YOU