Saturday, April 23, 2011

The thing about Sioux City is....

There are so many people in Sioux City. Old, young, crazy, and sane. Working in a coffee shop, I see a lot of all of them! Every Monday night we have a bible study group come. They drink coffee and talk God. We also have the regulars who come once, twice, and sometimes three times a day to just have a cup of regular coffee. At Caribou we have free wireless too. People come and work on homework, work, or just play on their computers. It is amazing how much a coffee shop relaxes people.
All of that is wonderful, but what I see at a coffee shop that causes me to say, "the thing about Sioux City is..." there are so many people meeting other people! There are so many groups of ladies coming in to have a weekly coffee and just chat with each other. I have no one to meet for coffee.  That's the thing about Sioux City; it's a lonely place and most times I just wish for someone to meet for coffee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just give it a little time! You'll soon have lots of friends to get together with!

Jen said...

Kristen, I completely know what you mean! I feel that same way here in New York. It can be super lonely and I just want to have a girlfriend to call up and meet for lunch or coffee or whatever!