About 4 years ago, I was faced with the reality that I was growing up (yes I know that happens!). I was moving off campus and no longer on a meal plan. I was getting closer to graduation and having to pay rent month by month instead of in bulk like I did living on campus (which came out of student loans). I realized that I had to start saving money on somethings if I wanted to continue to live "the lifestyle I had come accustomed to" (according to my father!)
I started out small. I loved dying my hair and having wonderful makeup, hair, and clothing products. I wasn't a huge diva in the sense that everything I bought was crazy expensive, but there were certain brands I would only use. I would find a coupon for a box of hair dye or a bottle of shampoo and would super excited! It saved me money on something I loved! I could dye my hair at home and get the same results as I would at the salon and it would be cheaper with the box in general AND with the coupon. It allowed me to spend more money on other things I
I also had a BIG credit spending issue during my freshman and into my sophomore years in college. I found myself purchasing things just to purchase them. I think I would have been a wonderful personal shopper.
Now we are paying for it. Slowly but surely paying off the debt. Couponing helps this! Each time I save by using coupons, I am spending less money and in turn have more money to put towards paying off our credit cards. It is a wonderful feeling to pay off a credit card and I hope to soon have them all paid off. Then we will only use cash for things if possible.
These are some of the sites that I use:
http://www.couponmom.com/printable-grocery-coupons-242
http://moneysavingmom.com/
http://www.frugalcouponliving.com/
http://www.couponing101.com/
http://creativecouponing.com/
http://networkedblogs.com/gq9IU
http://www.mamacheaps.com/
http://www.stretchingabuckblog.com/
A lot of these sites are similar with the deals they have, but once in a while they have different ones. Also, each site usually gets paid for when you use the coupons off their sites. If you are against that you can just use the coupon websites: coupons.com, redplum.com, smartsource.com, and target.com
Target alsos multiple coupons (like one of theirs and one of the manufacturers). It is the only place in SC that I have found that will. In MN, I know that Target does it too, but I don't know about the other stores. Here we have Hy-vee, Walgreens, Fareway, and Walmart and these DO NOT allow multiple coupons on one item. Some stores allow you to double the coupon too (like us your "take 0.50 off one" and make it $1 instead!) I have yet to find this in SC though...so let me know if you know anything!!
My advice, start small and watch your coupons that you have on had and the ads on Sunday mornings. I also print a lot of my coupons online! Good luck!
3 comments:
I'll have to check some of these sites out. My hours at work were cut last fall and it doesn't look like they'll be getting back to normal for a while. Love saving money so I have more money to spend! lol!
I love that you posted what sites to use because I wanted to print out coupons but didnt know where to find them. Thanks miss!!
Awesome! Thanks for the tips, love it! :)
Post a Comment