Thursday, May 26, 2011

Parental Choices....

In this article I found out that some parental choices are unique to the parents themselves. Usually when it comes to parenting (from the psych classes I've taken) there are 4 styles of parenting...
  • authoritarian
  • permissive
  • uninvolved
  • authoritative
You can read more about those 4 types here.
When I was in college, I never imagined that I would hear about parents keeping the sex of their child a secret from the world (except when pregnant). The only time I have heard of anything near this concept was when those parents/doc decided turn one of their twin boys into a girl.

I had to share the first article with you because I am just so confused at what the point of this is? I mean sure they may mean well, but I am almost going to guarantee that this child (male or female or whatever it is raised as) will be ridiculed for his/her life - at least while in elementary, middle, and high school - which for most is the hardest time in a persons life when it comes to shaping a person (i.e. puberty). Shock. I can't begin to express the way I feel about this, but since you are reading my blog, you know me and know how I probably feel about that first article without me needing to articulate the words to you! Food for thought I guess....good luck with that!

No comments: