Friday, February 29, 2008

Little surprises

Sometimes when I am at work, it hits me how great the people I work with are. Yes the other staff is great, but I am talking about the clients. I have an older man who is the sweetest thing on the planet. He makes my heart melt. The past 4 months have been wonderful, stressful, and exhausting all at the same time. I love my job, but it is a crazy amount of more work than Subway could ever have been!

I am surprised by how much patience I have gained working here. I always thought of myself as someone who has some patience with somethings and then none with others. I have learned here that I need to always practice using patience otherwise I will get irritated or angry and take it out on someone who can´t help what they are doing. They either crave attention or don´t reason how frustrating they are being to me. I have learned how to laugh at little mishaps instead of letting them stress me out.

One of the clients is around the same age as my dad. I miss my dad so much living up here. He comes up occassionally for dinner and such with work, but it isn´t the same as being home with him. I talk to my mom on the phone and email her, but whenever I talk to my dad it is always short and to the point because he isn´t much of a phone person. Oh well.

I guess my point is that I love my job and the people I work with. Just feeling a bit sentimental.

1 comment:

Miss said...

your paragraph about patience is EXACTLY what its like for me as a mom. As long as I am always practicing being patient...I really can be. The minute I forget to practice, its all over! =)