Monday, September 17, 2007

Life Mission

I am taking a class this semester called Psychology of Personal Development. For my 3rd assignment, I was asked: What would you say your life mission is?
Wow. Where to start? Well to begin with, I am a anxious, empathetic Christian. I have many days where I just want to do whatever possible to fix things for people in my life or those around me that I have no contact with. I think that my life mission is to serve.
As a servant I will help others with day to day things. I have begun this part by working at Subway. Yes, I make sandwiches and basically are serving people food, but I also have an effect on their day. If I am cheery and strike up a conversation with a person, they are more likely to enjoy their lunch break or dinner break because it was pleasant. I know that because I have seen and experienced the effects of those who are upset about personal issues and are short in conversation with me and others they are suppose to be helping. It makes the experience a negative one, so therefore makes the person feel negative. I think that part of my mission is to entertain and make people's days better. By being pleasant and chatty at work, I think I am slowing achieving this mission.
Another thing that I plan to do with my life is to become a social worker. Being a social worker I will be serving children, parents, grandparents, and others around me. During my classes that I have taken in the past that deal with any type of harm to children, I have found that I have very strong emotions towards these situations. I believe that I have the ability and soon will have more knowledge to help children and those involved with them.
I am excited to start my life after grad-school. I am excited to begin my new journey that God has planned for me directing me towards serving. I am excited to have a path to follow.

No comments: