Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Computers :(

So I was getting ready to start my homework tonight, finish a paper due tomorrow, and the computer I was using decided to break. Best of news, it's my boyfriend's computer. I am very upset about this because he seems to treat this thing like it is his baby. Everytime I set it on the floor or take a drink while using it, he makes some sort of comment. Once I touched the screen infront of him pointing something out to him and he panicked. I try to tell him it is just a computer and that if anything were to happen to it that I would fix it. I wasn't just going to break his computer and say too bad.
Well tonight, I turned it on and an error came on the screen. I spent an hour and a half on the phone with the TEC guy trying to fix it, no such luck. Good thing his waurentee isn't out for 10 days. What a time to break! Well now he has to wait for it to get fixed for like 9 business days or more. He has a paper on it, so I am going to take the hard drive to the TEC guys at UMD tomorrow to get his documents retrieved. Hopefully this won't cost too much money and hopefully he can get his paper. Luckily I have my rough draft printed for my current paper so that is good, but I don't know about him.
Mainly I am very upset because I know he is going to blame me and tonight when he comes home, I know things are going to be tense. I feel as though we have had a huge fight and now there is awkwardness that I don't know how do deal with or resolve. I hate this.

1 comment:

Miss said...

a few years ago my laptop crashed before I had a chance to back up a few weddings...you can imgaine my nervous breakdown I experienced! luckily all was able to be retrieved and it only cost my $60...so, it should all be ok! =)