Sunday, May 18, 2008

Freshman year....


Melanie Olson and Bear outside of The Chocolate Factory in Canal Park.
This picture is from the first week of college when Mel and I were job searching....This shows how much we weren't focused on searching for jobs as we were having fun in Canal Park.


Spring Break 2005!
Lindsey Tillman and I went with her parents and some other people to a cabin in Alexandria. We had a blast! This is us unloading the car for her parents...


Some of the girls I lived with Freshman year.
This is a photo of a group of us on P4 eating pizza and watching movies.


This is a picture of me and Emma.
She lived across the hall and we also roomed together for the next 2 years.

These are the only pictures from freshman year that I have on my computer. I moved in September to Duluth, scared to death of meeting my new roommate. The reason I don't have a picture of her on here is because Freshman year, we didn't really talk. We watched TV, ate, and slept, but rarely talked. It wasn't that we didn't like eachother, we just didn't talk. No ice breaker or anything really. Then, Christmas break came and we went home for 3 weeks. When we got back, we both realized that we had missed eachother, even though we didn't think we were even friends! After that we clicked and had decided that we would be roommates for life. Although we aren't roommates anymore, we still pick up where we left off and seem to be the only roommates that we don't have issues with! It was a strange year, learning how to live away from home for the first time, managing money, having a boyfriend who lived on the opposite end of the state, and having all my highschool friends go to school in the cities.

It was rough emotionally and this is where I started to loose my relationship with God. I still prayed, but not as often. I went to church, when I went home with my mom. I doubted myself and my decisions so much that I switched majors. I was a double major with Psychology and Elementary Education. I decided that because the job market for El Ed was slim, that it would make more sense to just study psychology. Although I love psychology, when I volunteer in the classroom I realize that I love teaching and maybe will someday go back and get my license.

When freshman year came to an end and I moved home I hated it. Living in my parents house, under there rules after living along for 8 months was horrible! I also was faced with people who had also moved away for 8 months and now were back. I was different, they were different, and I realized that I didn't like who some of them were or how they acted. Although this only happened with a few people, it was still surprising to have it happen at all!
Oh and I had a boyfriend named Andrew. We were happy and in love. We did everything together, despite the fact that he lived in Albert Lea. I was wild and crazy in a rebelious stage in my life. I rarely talked to my friends and lied to my parents. It was a bad stage.

MORE TO COME!

No comments: