In high school I belonged to a group called Young Life. For those of you who don know what it is, itś a non-denominational church club. Each Wednesday night, after my catechism classes, I would drive to the next town to go to club for about an hour and a half. Every club had the same idea; we would sing, watch funny skits, participate in the skits, and listen to the world of God and how it related to the person who was giving the talk. I loved going there. Then I graduated and moved to Duluth. Up here there is no Young Life and I didn´t really know anyone else to go to any of the church group things at school so I just stayed home. You would think that I would just go by myself, you know, meet new people and all! You may be surprised to hear this, but I am actually shy around new people and scared to try new and different things.
Back to Young Life....I felt so accepted and that I belonged there. I love Jesus and God with all my heart now and back then, but it felt better worshiping him in that way, as apposed to now when I go to church (Catholic) and then read my bible on occasion. My favorite stories were always given by our head leader. He is about the age of my dad and has always been so passionate. He grew up on a farm so he had to work hard for everything. I always loved how he related stories about Jesus to his past or present. I miss the days of Young Life.
1 comment:
I miss the days of YL too :-) I was leading at a MS until I moved here!
But maybe you need to find a church that "suits your needs" better? I know if I don't go to a church that "fits me" I have a harder time feeling connected.
Post a Comment