Wednesday, November 19, 2008

More on sin and my ponderings

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with he measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." - Matthew 7:1-5 (italicise mine)

After thinking about how I can share with why I think that people who are homosexual are no different in believing in Christ/God than I am and that we should treat them the same as our fellow Christ-followers, I began reading my bible. I held it in my lap and opened it to this page. Throughout campaigners I would highlight things that I found important. "Do not judge, or you too will be judged" is highlighted. I believe that I highlighted to remind myself that just because I think something is strange, out of the ordinary, or i wouldn't do it for myself, doesn't mean that it is wrong. I need to deal with my own "plank" before I can help others with their "sawdust" and as far as I am concerned, til the end of time I will have some sort of "sawdust" or "plank" in my eye. Therefore, leaving it up to Christ to judge, not me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very wise words Kristen...

Curt Hinkle said...

Kristen - good to hear from you.

Relative to judging, when people ask be my 'opinion' about something that I would really have to be judgmental about, I always say "Not my job!"

Megan Marie said...

It is always something I ponder about too. I think Curt said it right.