Saturday, November 15, 2008

More on homosexuality

I am confused with the bible. I feel like it contradicts itself in the fact that Paul in Corinthians speaks about how homosexuals won't inherit the kingdom of God, but then I have always been taught that no sin is too great to keep me from God. That God himself may frown upon things, but will still love me and be there for me as long as I seek him. I have been taught that once I accept God into my heart and soul that I will go to heaven, that there isn't a scale on how to measure levels of sin. How is homosexuality any different in sin than someone who is a hypocrite, someone who lies to themselves or others, someone who hides their belief in God, or even the person who flips the switch in the death chamber? I have been told by some people who are avid bible readers that as long as a person accepts Christ and God, even murderers and adultorers, they will go to heaven and be judged by God, NOT US.

This is a bunch of rambling and may not make sense, but I try...

No comments: