Alright, I suppose it is time to fill you all in (well at least Ashley!) about my very vague post last week!
I have been looking for a new job lately. Pure laziness and fear are what hold me back!
Anyhow, last Monday I had an interview for a part-time job to use as a second income with True North AmeriCorps. This program is basically like volunteering, but they pay you a monthly housing allowance. I am in the process of setting up interviews myself with the schools/programs around Duluth/Cloquet to work for. I am guareenteed a monthly "allowance" and need to complete 920 hours of work in a year, or depending on the program, a school year. What is great is that I get to work with children! Something I miss more than anything and if I were to do it over again, I would definately stick to becoming a teacher.
On Tuesday I had a MRI on my wrist to find out what was up with it. My wrist has limited ROM and prevents me from doing push-ups and lifting very heavy things with just one hand. The xrays showed nothing that they took the week before so I signed up for the MRI to see what it would show. Guess what....NOTHING except very mild arthritis by my thumb, but I can't imagine that would be causing the limited ROM. Next step is a cortizone shot to see if that helps.
My next interview that I had last week was with Northwoods Children's Home to be a counselor at their West Campus. Now I am just waiting for a phone call from them to say yes or no! Hopefully I will know by Tuesday.
Today I had an interview for a Shift Leader position (basically the same thing I am doing now, but more responsibilities like scheduling, banking, and working closer with the clients and their teams). This is the position I am most worried about. Switching jobs has never been too scary for me, but with this one....I don't know, it's just a higher standard of job than what I am use to so I am a bit afraid of it!
Tomorrow I have another check-up with the doc about my work injury, but I don't think anything is going to change because I am still having pain with things. I wish that I wasn't so limited with choices for jobs up here in Duluth, I feel like there are so many more postings on job sites for jobs in the cities, but then again there are more people too! I don't know.
AND as for Twilight, I am on book 3, half way through it. Time limits are the only thing keeping me from finishing it! I can't bring myself to stay up ALL night and read!
1 comment:
Wow, sounds like you have a lot going on girl! I wish you luck in whatever path you choose, you will be great in any of those positions! You would kick butt as a shift leader (you are basically doing a lot of those duties now anyway so you might as well get paid better for it!)Working with kids would be a good change of pace too! Good luck at Dr. appt too, hope they can find a way to help a sister out!
Post a Comment