Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom....."

This is quote from a movie that I have always loved - Field of Dreams. Growing up I loved watching it because it was a good heartfelt movie that sometimes caused a girl to tear up. We even went to the ACTUAL field of dreams when I was younger as a family. Last Friday night after a long wonderful day of just Kate and I, Jeramie came "home" (to Emily's house) after his interview with Cargill. We sat and chatted, while Kate napped, about his interview and what we were going to do the rest of the weekend. About 2 hours after getting there, Jeramie got a phone call. A phone that has changed the rest of our lives - for the better, don't worry!

Jeramie has accepted a position with the company Cargill as a product supervisor engineer or something of that such. Basically this means he has a job after college doing something that he knows he likes to do because it will be exactly what he did during his co-op last year for 8 months when he was in Iowa Falls, IA.

You are probably asking yourselves, "What the heck does that movie quote/movie have to do with Jeramie getting a new job?" Jeramie's position requires us to move to Iowa. I know, Iowa....what can I say, at least it is only Sioux City, which is far away from everyone, but closely on the other side of the MN state line. Although I can fathom the reason I am going to Iowa, I have having trouble fathoming the concept of the new life I will be beginning there. Hopefully we meet up with Kevin Costner along our way and he can help me find my way in Iowa like he does with Archie "Moonlight" Graham.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's only better than your friends can take road trips to see you. i don't know what I will be doing this summer, but I am going to try to make it home at some point, and time that with your wedding. Don't worry everything in life will work out. Be very thankfull Jeramie got a good job he likes.

Miss you!

~MT