THE GREEN BAY PACKERS!
Last night we went to the superintendent's
(of the Cargill plant in Sioux City - J's boss's boss) house to watch the Superbowl. Turns out, he is one of those football fans that decorates his house to his team. Not his entire house, just his man cave in the basement. When I encounter people that do this type of thing, I know it means one thing....they LOVE their teams and are die-hard about them. Problem last night wasn't the decorations, well I suppose it was....it was that he was a Steelers fan. If you know me and really know me that is, you know that I am a Packer fan. Only when I decide to pay attention to football that is and yes I like the Vikings because well, they are the Minnesota team that my family and friends and husband cheer for, but they're no Packers
even though they tried to be by drafting Brett Favre.
BUT, I do love the Packers. Not because of #4, but I did love
his butt him in green and yellow. But because, well...probably because people in MN don't and as a child it was great fun rooting for "the other team". I enjoy the atmosphere of the Packer game. It is outside, cold, and packed with fans. Die-hard fans. While I don't really know many of the players right now, I feel as though since I will forever have football in my life (thanks J), I might as well begin paying attention and following the sport. While the Vikings continue to disappoint every year, I find that I'm not ever disappointed with the Packers. Time to retire the Peterson jersey and pick up a Jennings jersey to show my true love. At least I know that the Jennings jersey won't be burned in our house due to this past seasons fantasy football team the J had (kid praises Jennings even when they play the Vikings)! Now to find a store in Sioux City that sells Jennings jerseys...
BACK to last night! After much persistence on my part, I convinced J to wear green to the party. We were the only 2 there (out of 11 people) that were wearing green and yellow and cheering for green and yellow. Despite this awkwardness, we enjoyed our night. We hung out with Doug, Ava, Brian, Rick, Julie, and their spouses....felt like the Christmas party all over again! It was a QUIET night, except for when Brian (homeowner) would cheer loudly when the Steelers happened to do something right
and when we would cheer excessively for the Packers after Roethlisberger would throw an interception.
(We're quiet people when it comes to watching games with those who don't agree with our team choices). I was a bit bummed not to go to Tom and Haley's as they are closer to our age and we enjoy their company. I can also assume that they actually converse with each other during the game/commercials instead of all of us just sitting around a TV staring at it. Oh well, next time I guess!
No comments:
Post a Comment