Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cargill Christmas

Last Saturday (1/29) we went to Stoney Creek Inn. Cargill apparently does their Christmas parties a bit late... =)

They had drink tickets, buffet food, and it was themed casino night. If you have been to our house, you will recall that I really don't need to do get dolled up and drive INTO Sioux City to go to a casino, I just have to walk about half a mile down the road and I can play some slots, bingo, and poker. Needless to say I wasn't too excited about going to a casino night themed party with a bunch of people I didn't know.

I'm not a big fan of meeting a bunch of new people at once. You have to tell your "life story" repeatedly and I just get sick of saying, "Yeah I have my psych degree but can't use it b.c. most people want masters degrees and well I just haven't gotten that far yet in settling for some online program since I can't very well go to any colleges as we are in the middle of nowhere here Sioux City and the school here doesn't have my programs." I don't really say that last part, I just think it.

Overall the night was a surprisingly awesome good night. We met some great people and I am looking forward to hanging out with them more over the next few years. (FYI, new brown boots/heals and poker night i.e. lots of standing = PAINFUL feet!)

No comments: