Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Life at the 'Bou

Yesterday I had day one at work. It was "fun". When I say that I mean that it was a first day. It is full of paperwork, policies, reading, and awkwardness. The longer I was there (6.5 total), the more comfortable it got. I could tell that some of the "old" workers weren't too fond of some of the "new" workers that I was there with. I think I did okay and am learning quick. It was a slow day so that helped, so hopefully those "old" workers don't feel annoyed with me the way they did about the other girl there. And it also goes to show that workplace drama is everywhere....even in somewhere as wonderful as caribou.

I learned how to use the register (not too hard since it is the same program as Subway thankfully, just different buttons obviously!). I was in charge of the front register, the dark/light roasts (plain coffee), the teas, the breakfast sandwiches, the oatmeal, and the bakery case. At times it was a bit obnoxious that I had 3-4 orders at once and barely knew what I was doing when it came to making things (good thing I can teach myself and I'm not completely oblivious on how to work machines). Day two tomorrow...I think I get to learn how to actually make coffee tomorrow, but we'll see!

No comments: