Friday, June 17, 2011

Flood-date

I thought I'd show you some flood-date (like update) pictures...in case you were wondering.

This is a picture I found of what the river looked like just 2 months ago...PRE flood.
This one is the same view from the opposite direction, only it was taken 2 days ago.

The middle right is my exit for work...that is no longer there!The hotel you see is the Hilton Garden Inn, attached is Bev's (a place my parents, Jeramie, and I ate at when they were in town in March/April)
Semi is on I-29 driving on the bridge that use to be the Hamilton Rd. Exit...to work.
This is the normal scene by my house daily. Not so much the past 2 days, but prior to this it was an all day, everyday kind of thing to see a black hawk picking up ginormous sandbags and carrying them over the top of us toward the Dunes or towards McCook Lake.


This picture explains it all. A cute little red pavilion in a park, swamped with water.

No comments: