Saturday, January 7, 2012
Low-carb? OKAY!
Last Wednesday (Dec. 29th), J and I began a new challenge....sorry, not a 30 days challenge otherwise I would've posted so you could follow along on our journey. BUT it is a life long challenge I suppose, eventually it will just become normal, but for now let me just a call it a challenge =) We have decided to embark on a journey of low-carbs. To be exact we started on the Atkins diet. While we won't mention our start weight right now (maybe once we lose it all) I will say that this diet/lifestyle change is very wonderful thus far. I have more energy. I am sure he does too. And it is working - the weight loss I mean. We are both down in pounds - he is down 7, I'm down 5 in just over one week! This week I plan to start the exercise part of my life. I took some time off during Christmas because I knew we were starting this and that I wanted to be a fat kid for the last time and then when we started the diet I wasn't wanting to be too ill/light headed or sick by adding extra energy output back in that I have held off until now. My bag is packed and in my car waiting for Monday after work to hit the gym! I have a feeling that even if I just go the 2-3 times a week like I was prior to Christmas, that the pounds will continue to fly off. No carbs sounded hard to begin with, and sure I miss my Reese's, but I am enjoying the cooking and new meals I am making....hopefully it can continue for years to come! And yes, eventually we will eat bread, rice and beans again, but for now....no thanks :) See Atkins.com to get more information about it....it makes more sense when you read it! Sugar = carb = fat storage....less sugar = less carbs = burned fat and teaching your body to store only the fat energy that you use each day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment