Monday, May 26, 2008

Wedding of her dreams!

This weekend I went home for a wedding. I feel blessed to have been invited and remembered even though we haven't talked in about 2.5 years. Normally this might not be that big of a deal, but by not talking, it wasn't a happy not talking. We fought and were angry at each other. We were mad, but who knows why after all this time. Out of the blue she sends me a message on facebook, which is the new phone call to all of you who don't know!

Basically, the friendship that was gone due to only God knows why, is back on course. Granted this is the same friend who is the cousin of an ex-boyfriend of mine. Back to the wedding... It was gorgeous! All week I had been hearing that it was going to be overcast this weekend or at least Friday and I was SOOO sad for my friend! Her wedding and reception were outside at her parents house. Needless to say, it was beautiful. The evening, the weather, the lake, the night, and the wedding! The day and ceremony and reception could not have been better! Well except for that small thing about the ex-boyfriend. If you have read my "sophomore year" post you know all about him (the one that broke my heart). Anyhow, this is the first time that I have seen him since that closure weekend. It was awkward and overwhelming, plus I think I upset Jeramie a bit too.

I was faced with all these feelings that I never had to be faced with before. I didn't have to go through the awkward "hi, how's it going?" like I would have before back in highschool, considering we don't live anywhere near each other. Somtimes now, although I am so happy right now, I found myself wondering what if. What if nothing had happened back in August that year. What if I had stayed with him and transfered to Mankato. What would my life be like? Would I be married? Would we still be together? Would I have kept my friends that I have learned to love and never want to get rid of? I feel very guilty thinking about the what ifs without Jeramie and instead with Andrew.

Very guilty.

Now that that is off my chest, kind of...hear are some pictures from the wedding!



I do realize I am not nearly as talented as you moms out there seem to be with taking pictures of your kids...but until I have kids of my own, DEAL WITH IT :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful! :)