Tuesday, September 9, 2008

New pages...

Yesterday while cleaning up my desk and throwing things out to make room for the biggest purchase I have ever made, I found a book called "Delighting in the GRANDEUR of God - How majestic is thy name".
I received this book for a graduation present from a good friend of mine named Brandon. Before opening it, I took a trip down memory lane and remembered all the fun times we had as friends - 3 hour long talks about nothingness, notes in each others lockers in the middle of the day, and my favorite time was going to church Sunday mornings and finding him there to greet me with the BIGGEST smile on his face! Oh the joys of childhood crushes (I was only 14 when we began talking). The crush turned into a deep and very valued friendship that has been lost along the way, hopefully someday it will find it's way back.
Anyhow, the book is amazing! The book has some of the most beautiful photos of the earth and it's surroundings I have ever seen! Each set of pages has a topic, such as stars, sun, earth, moon, sea, mountains, fire, ice, lions, eagles....it covers many topics. Each set of pages explains something about these things and then correlates them with God and also has a verse on each page.
When I received this book it struck me more as a coffee table book than a book that I might read and enjoy looking at. Today I sit here with it in my lap in awe of the great world around us and our maker.
Jesus, thank you so much for opening my eyes to the world around me. I see now that not everything is ugly just because one bad experience in my life. I am reminded by your words to love one another and to forgive. Please help me continue to heal and forgive from this episode of my life and also for Jeramie to heal and forgive so we are able to put this incident behind us. Amen.

No comments: