So last Thursday, I left for work at 2:50, just enough time to drive to work and punch in and begin another day of working on patiences and worry about when I am going to get my homework done (school started last Tuesday!)
I usually get the clients in bed around 10-1030 depending on their desire to go to bed. After getting them to bed on Thursday night I look at my phone to see if I had missed anything during the past 7 hours of my personal life.
There was a text message from Jeramie asking if I had taken his computer to work with me that day because he needed it to do some homework.
I called him up and said that I didn't have it and I think that I left it in the bedroom on the bed. While still on the phone, he went to look for it and said it wasn't there. I told him (being the smart one...) to follow the power cord to find it. He said the power cord wasn't there.
This is when I began to think he was just being dumb and playing some sort of joke on me, never in my mind did I really believe that we had been ROBBED. For pete's sake we live in Duluth and that kind of stuff doesn't happen to us.
We had our front window in the kitchen open about 2 inches just to let some fresh air in. They cut the screen and climbed in taking 3 laptops, a cordless drill, 3 empty purses, and my bible (which they discarded outside after realizing that it wasn't something they wanted in the bushes). No renters insurance. Between the hours of 3pm-8pm (so daylight). No witnesses, no nothing. Police report made, windows locked, door double locked at all times.
I feel so violated and afraid all the time now when I am walking into my apartment or leaving it or sleeping in it. I want to move, but who knows if we will be able to get out of our lease or if we would be able to find anything we could afford right now any how.
But really, How do you get over something like this?
1 comment:
How scary! Did your things ever get recovered?
Post a Comment